Marquee Hire FAQs
Please take the time to read the following Marquee Hire FAQs. We have tried to think of the most commonly asked questions from our customers who have hired marquees from us, and hope that the answers given will be of help to you, when making your decisions about hiring a marquee for your wedding, party or other event.
Let’s start with the most important question of all…
Why should I hire a marquee from County Marquees?
What does that mean to you?
Simply, that what we have agreed to do, we will do. You and your property will be treated respectfully. You’ll know exactly who to talk to for help if you have any problems or last minute changes.
And that’s why you can be confident hiring from us, that’s why we have been here, hiring marquees for over 20 years, that’s why so many of our customers are happy to recommend us for their wedding, party or other event.
How big should the marquee be?
We need to know:
1) What the event is for e.g. wedding marquee; birthday party marquee.
2) How many guests you expect and if you want them all to sit down to dine at the same time or if you just want to hire a few chairs and tables, (see our furniture hire list)
3) How will the guests be catered for e.g. buffet style or served at their table by waiting staff.
4) Do you need to hire a dance floor?
5) Will there be any entertainment? – and if so, what form it will take e.g. Live band or disco. (Bands can require a lot more space especially if they have a drum kit).
6) Any other special areas that you may wish to have in your marquee, such as bar area, reception area etc.
How long does it take to put the marquee up?
Can we have a marquee that is open all around?
What type of floor do we need?
1) Coir (or coconut) matting
3) Boarded (hard) floor with carpet laid over the top.
We lay all the above over a pvc ground sheet.
Matting and carpet are used over grass and nailed down along all the edges. It is a great option on grass and does very little damage except some slight discolouration of the grass which will soon recover. Matting has been used successfully by marquee companies for many years, and if laid correctly is the answer for most people’s functions. The only problem can come with very fine stiletto heels that may catch in the fibre.
A boarded floor with carpet completely changes the look and feel of a marquee at any time of the year and adds unquestionably to a luxury look and feel. It may be essential on grass during the winter months, and is advisable if the marquee is to go over a hard surface such as tarmac or a patio. The battens under a boarded floor allow the rain water coming off the marquee’s roof to run under the boarded floor.